- IMPORTANT: Before you use your sea sponge, soak it in 2 cups of warm water with 2 tablespoon of baking soda for 15-30 minutes, then rinse, in order clean the sponge of any particles(i.e., coral, shells, or sea debris). We carefully process and clean all of our sponges; however, we recommend that you check them yourself before the first use.
- Rinse sponge after each use and allow to dry completely.
- To disinfect your sponge every 2-4 weeks, soak it in 2 cups a warm water with 3-4 drops of tea tree essential oil combined with 2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for 15-30 minutes, then rinse.
- NEVER twist and wring your natural sea sponge. Doing so will greatly reduce the life of the sponge, or completely destroy it. Only squeeze your sponge.
- NEVER: put your sponge in boiling water, dryers, microwaves or in bleach. This will damage your sponge, reducing its lifespan.
- Sometimes, the edges of your sponges may start to shred with regular use. Simply trim these shredded edges with scissors to freshen and help them last longer.
**Though our natural sea sponges are mildew resistant, with antimicrobial properties, they should be cleaned at least once a month.
Qualify for Free Shipping when you spend over $50 on anything on our website
Shipping & Return
FREE Shipping for all orders over $75. A standard shipping rate of $5 for all orders under $75
At Ounce Of Nature, all of our products are of a personal nature, and for this reason, we are unable to accept returns of opened products without a restocking fee of 35% of the cost of the items plus shipping. All unopened items can be returned for a refund, less shipping.